Teach an enriched, multi-cultural music program to preschool and early primary children — EVEN if you are not a musician!
A 36-week classroom program for teaching the music and rhythms of the world to children from preschool to Grade 1.
Complete with lesson plans, original six-CD set, and much, much more.
Approved by the Nova Scotia Department of Education for use in its schools.
What is World Music and Rhythm Talk?
It's a complete Music Curriculum for Children ages 3 to 7 - a comprehensive 36-week classroom program for teaching the music and rhythms of the world to children from preschool to grade 1.
It comes complete with lesson plans and accompanying six CD set (5 CDs and a DVD, actually) plus much more.
- Teaches musical concepts with traditional and modern classics plus songs, dances, games and rhythms from around the world.
- Introduces words and phrases from many languages, modeled by native speakers.
- Developed and tested in the classroom by teacher and musician Maria Alley.
- All in one package!
- Approved and used by the Nova Scotia Department of Education.
What can it do?
It's designed to empower anyone (even if you're not a musician) to teach music to young children like a pro.
With fun, interactive, and educational lessons your kids will learn about:
- The difference between beat and rhythm.
- Musical notation.
- Other countries of the world through songs, games and dances.
- Speaking different languages.
- Classical composers.
- Instruments of the orchestra.
Click your way through sample pages of the Curriculum Guide!
I'm Maria Alley, a music teacher and musician from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Over the past 17 years (after having raised 2 boys of my own), I've had the pleasure of teaching music to kids in preschools and daycares. Over the years I've figured out what kids like and how to keep them interested, while teaching them lots of very cool stuff.
I've combined my years of experience and proprietary preschool music curriculum for early childhood educators and elementary school teachers (up to Grade 1) who want to give their young students a wonderful, enriched music program - and I want to share this exciting and effective material that I've developed so you can use it with the children you teach.
Three fun and educational 12-week sessions:
- Session 1 introduces beat and rhythm through the use of percussion instruments and many fun songs and games.
- Session 2 builds on basic rhythms using songs, dances and stories from many cultures. The CD Singing 'Round the World guides children and teachers through pronunciation, and the recordable stuffed animal helps children learn words and lyrics from countries such as France, Spain, Germany, Poland, India and many more.
- Session 3 introduces music notation and basic keyboard skills, and deepens the children's cultural music experience through music from Cats, The Carnival of the Animals and other great classics.
Age appropriate for pre-kindergarten to Grade 1
While children aged 3-4 can do the activities, older children can learn to sing the whole song and perform the dances exactly as directed. Thus, as the children grow older, the material is used in a more complete manner. The material is varied and challenging enough to use a second time around with the same kids. Just watch them grow musically!
What's included in the package?
Everything you need to teach a professional, enriched music program to kindergarten and early primary classes - up to Grade 1 - year after year.
Here's what you get:
- A complete curriculum guide (130 pages) with lesson plans covering the entire school year. You'll always know what to do.
- FIVE music CDs professionally recorded in studio especially for this curriculum, featuring many different voices and musicians. A huge value - full of songs children love, all part of the curriculum.
- Video tutorial for you, the teacher, on DVD - see the program in action with a real preschool class.
- A song book with the words to all the songs.
- FOUR MORE CDs of the most magical and celebrated classical music recordings for children ever produced - all integrated into the curriculum.
- Yet another CD full of active listening and role play activities from the Bruce Haack and Esther Nelson Series.
That's 10 CDs and a DVD, and a fully-developed curriculum ready to use out of the box. And there's more:
- A book that accompanies the CD about the orchestra,
- Flash cards of instruments of the orchestra,
- Picture cards of everyone's favorite foods - used in some of the activities (with Braille labels if requested),
A cuddly stuffed animal containing a recording device. *(may vary from picture).